Monday, August 25, 2014

C3B4Me Policy

A new semester is upon us.  I try to do one new "thing" every time I teach a class.  This summer, CTE hosted a Flip It! Workshop.  One of my take-aways was the C3B4Me Policy.  I decided to refer to it as the C3B4Me practice to avoid confusion with "real" institutional policies.  Essentially, this policy encourages students to be self-directed and reliant.  Read the article by Dr. Honeycutt, the founder of Flip It Consulting.

I plan on discussing it briefly during my first synchronous chat.  Here’s what I have posted in my classroom as an announcement:
"Sign Note Thumbtack Pin Reminder Thumb Notes" image by Nemo, public domain C3B4Me Practice
Have a question?  Before emailing me, please try to locate your answer on your own by checking three different sources.  Consider contacting a classmate, reviewing the syllabus, reading the assignment directions or checking the announcements.  If you can’t locate the information you need, please feel free to contact.  I’m here to help!

If you decide to use it this semester, please share your experiences with this practice/policy.  Tried something new this semester?  We love to hear about it too!  Have a great semester!

1 comment:

  1. A quick update. I'm liking C3B4Me. During the first two weeks of my fully online course, only two emails regarding information that is already there. Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to work.

    ReplyDelete